Equipment Required for a Box Office
Bare Bones Version
- XP Pro, Windows 7 Pro, 500 MB ram, 500 MB free disk space.
Important note if you are getting the Webtix rental
- Check your internet speed. Webtix Rental allows your customers to easily buy tickets but it is very
important for you to have a good internet connection. The data is
stored on a remote server, so you need fast speeds to sell tickets, look up customer information and seating
charts. Here is the test for you to run to check the speed of your
internet connection.http://www.broadbandreports.com/speedtest When you're choosing the speed test, the next thing to click on is the Flash plugin based speed test. We recommend a download speed of 2000 k and an upload speed of 500 k.
You may want to add:
- Surge protector for each computer and monitor.
- Inkjet or laser printer for reports.
- Thermal ticket printer (no cutter).
- Fast thermal ticket printer (with cutter) for attractive tickets and faster printing.
- Custom ticket stock one color.
- Word processor for letters, database manager, plus training.
- CD burner for backing up (we do not recommend tape drives).
- UPS (uninterruptible power supply).
- MerchantPlus.com or Authorize.net account for processing credit cards.
- Electronic cash drawer for each ticket window.
- Magnetic stripe credit card reader for each ticket window.
- Pole displays for each ticket window.
- For remote access software, (so you can work from home) use Windows Remote Desktop.
If you have an operation with four or more people selling tickets:
You will want a computer to be used as a dedicated file server. This server should have about 2 GB ram.
Windows or Linux/Samba network. One workstation for each incoming phone line and ticket window plus one for the boss.
Pricing of equipment:
For pricing of Windows operating systems, report printers, surge protectors, UPS’s, CD burners, check online or with your local computer store.
For pricing of thermal ticket printers, ticket stock, cash drawers, credit card readers, pole displays, Merchantplus.com and Authorize.net, please contact Center Stage Software.